- Posted in BeFIT Approved Recipes
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained, reserve cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 medium diced banana
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
In a large skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, sauté chicken for 5 minutes until tender. Stir in pineapple and green pepper.
In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, water, cornstarch, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Stir well. Pour mixture into chicken mixture. Mix well to combine. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring often. Fold in banana and almonds. Heat through.
Prepare brown rice according to package directions. Serve over cooked brown rice.
Nutritional Info: Calories 186.6; Fat 3.3g; Carbs 34.9g; Fiber 3.2mg; Protein 6g