Along with strength training and cardiovascular training, maintaining your flexibility is crucial to taking care of your body. It takes twice as much force to stretch a muscle as it does to strengthen it. Your flexibility is influenced by several factors including age, genetics and gender. Lack of use, injury or disease can also decrease joint mobility. Assisted stretching is the very effective because it allows you to be fully relaxed and focused on only the muscle that is being stretched.
Benefits of Flexibility Training:
- Increases Range of Motion: Stretching increases the length of both muscles and tendons. This leads to an increased range of movement, which means your limbs and joints can move further to decrease the likelihood of an injury.
- Increases Flexibility: Muscles perform more efficiently which makes activities easier and less tiring.
- Improves Circulation: Stretching increases blood flow to the muscles, which brings oxygen and nutrients and removes waste products. This also helps shorten the recovery time for injured muscles.
- Enhances Coordination: Maintaining the full range of motion through your joints keeps you in better balance. This will keep you mobile and loess prone to injury from falls.
- Improves Posture: Chronically tight muscles lead to poor posture, which can affect the function of other muscles, internal organs and your appearance.
- Increases Energy Level: Resulting from increased circulation.
- Decreases Stress: Stretching helps relax tense muscles resulting from stress and the feeling of relaxation brings a sense of well-being and reduced tension.
Our personalized Flexibility Training sessions are 30 minutes and are specific to the individual; first a brief consultation will be conducted to address your body, needs, and goals, followed by a flexibility assessment to effectively reach the client’s goals. We will also use foam rolling techniques designed to increase elasticity of connective tissue allowing muscles to relax and respond more efficiently during daily activities. This is especially good for people whose jobs require prolonged negative postures such as office or seated work.
- 1 – half hour session: $40
- 12 – half hour sessions: $35/session ($60 savings)
- 24 – half hour sessions: $32.50/session ($180 savings)
- 36 – half hour sessions: $30/session ($360 savings)