Add More Veggies to Your Family’s Diet
- Posted in Health & Wellness Tips
“Eat your vegetables.” We’ve heard it all of our lives. If only it were so simple. Our bodies crave fruits and vegetables more than just about any other food because we tend to get far fewer of them than we need.
With just a little thought and a tiny bit of effort in snack preparation, you can make these nutritious foods more convenient and accessible for the whole family:
- Snack on raw vegetables or fruits instead of chips or pretzels. Keep sugar snap peas, raisins or carrot sticks in the car, your office, or your child’s backpack.
- Use chunky salsa instead of thick, creamy snack dips.
- Add frozen veggies to any pasta dish. It’s an easy way to get in another serving of the good stuff.
- When cooking vegetables, makes 2-3 times more than you need and immediately store the extra away for tomorrow. It’ll save you time later on.
- Add your own beans and vegetables (tomatoes, spinach, peppers, cabbage) to canned and quick-serve soups.
- If you must have pizza, load on extra veggies instead of fatty meats and extra cheese.